Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Flutes?

No, not flutes.  These are my new PVC controllers.  I'm getting away from buying the neck transitions.  Instead I'm installing PVC controllers on the rounded ball knobs of the castings.  Prior to this, I sawed off the ball knob and replaced it with the neck transition sold by Braylu. 

I have my PVC controller prep down to a science.  I drill 4 holes near the top (actually 2 holes pushed all the way through to the other side for the cords), plus two more holes at the bottom (again... 1 hole pushed all the way through to the other side) to attached a rubber band to secure the head to the base of the body's interior. 

I also add an eyehook near the top for jaw spring attachment. 

I'll use a Dremel to taper and smooth the edges of the cord holes (inside and out) to reduce friction and cord wear.  Later I will mark and drill the trigger holes.  I save that step 'til later because not every figure will need the same number of triggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment