Sunday, July 03, 2011

Rough to look at

For some reason this shot grosses me out, but I can't exactly figure out why.  The point of the photo is so make sure folks who work with my Kenny Croes Collection heads on Braylu take a moment for a tip. 

Be sure to rough up the interior of the head so that Magic-Sculpt or like substance will grip to the otherwise smooth urethane.  I used to only rough up the spots where I anticipated contact.  Now I do the whole head's interior to accommodate innovation (or sometimes repair).

I use a Dremel with a small round-ball bit (don't know the actual name of it) to mess with the inside. I hold the Dremel with one hand and the ShopVac with the other to reduce the fine debris.

Is it me or is that picture gross?

3 comments:

  1. P.Grecian7:52 AM

    I'm with you on this, Kenny. I'd have a doctor look at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:16 AM

    If I didn't know it was shiney plastic it would certainly look like slimey skin from a dead something. Certainly gross-out potential.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:21 PM

    You should see when the cast goes bad... Looks like internal tumors.

    Buzz

    ReplyDelete