Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Bounty

Magic-Sculpt is a wonderful substance.  But it's also very dense and can add unwanted weight.  So once in a while I prefer to fill an area with something lighter, then put Magic-Sculpt over it.

In this case, I used a wadded-up paper towel to fill a chin area on the Elmore jaw. I balled it up really tight, then glued it to the styrene plastic.  Then I dripped Elmer's Glue over the top of the paper towel and spread it around.  It's almost like making a paper-mache. 

1 comment:

  1. P. Grecian8:22 AM

    Something else that works for that papier mache effect, Kenny: acrylic medium. I treat it like one would wheat paste and use either paper or cloth strips (and it would work for what you're doing here, too. Dries faster than glue, and dries harder.

    ReplyDelete