Friday, July 08, 2011

Almost every ventriloquist has a picture like this

That's my little brother Mike standing next to me and my dummy Jackie.  Mike was 6, I was about 10.  I performed with a local troupe of kid entertainers in Bakersfield. 

Rick Davis was a 10-year-old piano prodigy.  He would blow big bubblegum bubbles while playing Bach.  It was Rick's Dad who organized the troupe and booked the gigs at Masonic Lodges, school assemblies, church groups and the like.  Rick's little brother played Fender electric guitar and sang rock tunes.  I thought that was cool.

My little brother Mike played saxophone and basketball.  (He got real tall.).

2 comments:

  1. Kenny, I think we all started with a Jerry Mahoney, mine was from Sears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:58 PM

    What an awesome legasy!! I unfortunately have no pics of me and Willie Talk as a 12 year old. Not as cool a story as your community tour gig. And kids today just go for a computer game high score to leave their mark. Thanks for sharing your inspiring past!!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete