Friday, June 24, 2011

A pen-NIN-Suu-laaa

This nose is in the vicinity of Cyrano's.  Though this Elmore head has a ways to go, at least the hole where his clown- nose used to be has been made prominent with Magic-Sculpt. 

I had to trim off the side of his left (our right) eye socket to make way for 1-1/2" eyes.  Figured I wouldn't show you that until it's presentable.

He'll also require some attention to the corners of his mouth.  I'll try to resist the temptation to do more (which would add weight).

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:41 PM

    Is his nose hollow? He's looking good so far! Nice balance (in spite of his nose!)
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:41 AM

    Thanks. The nose is not hollow, thus the concern about weight if I add too much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.Grecian8:17 AM

    Since you cut a hole in it when you took off the original nose, you could go in from the back and hollow it out a bit, right? When I made my Lovik living mouth figure into a slot-jaw figure, I built the new bottom of the chin out of hollow cardboard, then put the Magic-Sculpt around it. Helped with weight. Dontcha just hate a kibitzer? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:15 AM

    A kibitzer? Not at all. I'm just glad you cared enough to comment. It gets lonely in this workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.Grecian8:59 AM

    If it makes you feel any better...I read this blog every single day. I suspect lots of us do. You're never alone, Kenny. We just sometimes don't have anything to say and we watch. :-)

    ReplyDelete