Thursday, March 04, 2010

I'm back 2











Well, I thought I was back. Then I was run over by an 18-wheeler-of-a-virus that flattened me. After 122 grand mal coughing fits, a gallon of codeine cough syrup and an antibiotic with too many syllables to name... I feel better.

So now I've fired up the dummy factory. While I was on vacation, Buzz James of Braylu Creations sent a shipment of Cheeky Boy castings. First I did some exterior sanding, a little filling here and there, and roughed up the interior of the head. I installed the brass tube and brass rod axle in the jaw. Then I took two hunks of Magic-Sculpt and applied them to the spots where the jaw axles will be mounted in the head. Once the Magic-Sculpt was secured, I inserted the jaw and axle into the Magic Sculpt, which made a nice groove. After making sure the jaw opened and closed well and was well-positioned left and right, I gently removed the jaw and axle. Then I cleared away any residual Magic-Sculpt that might block re-installation.

After The Magic-Sculpt dried, I could then re-insert and remove the jaw and axle at will. After the jaw is painted and the other mechanics are prepared, I'll re-insert the jaw and axle and close the top gaps in the grooves to secure the jaw permanently.

2 comments:

  1. I wondered where you were, glad your feeling better, and nice job on the jaw insertion. MontanaDan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Take care of yourself.
    Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete