Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm No Dummy

Not a boast. (My wife has had a different opinion from time to time). But I digress.

Actually I just want to make sure you know about the Bryan Simon film "I'm No Dummy: A Documentary About Venting".

To quote the recent press release, "Director Bryan Simon explores this fascinating world, tracing its history from the early tie-ins with media giants like Ed Sullivan and the staggering popularity of Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy, to its more recent resurgences with talents like Jeff Dunham and shows like America’s Got Talent...
...combining over 120 hours of footage including clips from live shows, interviews with noted ventriloquists (and their puppet characters), decades of historical context and a visit to the industry’s very own Vent Haven Museum, “I’M NO DUMMY” captures the allure of the unique craft and explains why the art maintains relevance in today’s popular culture."

The DVD of the film will be released April 6th. Get your copy for $19.97 at retailers nationwide. I'm anxious to see it. How 'bout you?

3 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see this film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kenny,

    I just wrote about your website for www.bobversus.com for research as I took on ventriloquism for the very first time at a standup night:

    http://www.bobversus.com/2010/03/27/bob-versus-ventriloquism/

    Let me know what you think.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a great film! You can definitely tell that they put a lot of thought and hard work into it. I learned a lot about the art of ventriloquism by watching it.

    ReplyDelete