Tuesday, September 29, 2009

If the jaw fits...

I've enjoyed sculpting a new Elmore character. Braylu Creations is going to make a mold of him, sell the castings to ambitious vent figure builders , and sell the castings to me, too, so I can make completed Elmore's to sell.

The easy (as in fun-easy) has been sculpting the nose, ears, forehead, eye sockets, etc. The really challenging part has been scuplting and fitting the jaw. Besides wanting to end up with a good look and a good fit, I've wanted to understand how I got there so I can do it again. After trial and error, study, trial and error... error... (and many bad words), I've made a jaw that fits well and looks good, too. And I think I can do it again. I'm not ready to give y'all a peek just yet. But soon I'll post a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment