Saturday, September 05, 2009

Kicks from sticks

The new headsticks made from PVC pipe have worked out really well. Here are a couple of photos showing how I set up the stick. (You can see the many experimental holes I drilled). :-])

In the end, the holes nearest the top worked best. I also drilled two holes at the end of the triggers for the cords, but the angle was too severe. So I re-drilled holes in the center of the triggers and that angle worked much better. I had to drill two because I double-up on the cords and the width of the trigger wouldn't allow for a hole large enough to thread two strands. The double-hole set up works fine, however. I'll smooth the edges of the triggers with my Dremel for more finger comfort. You can also see the hole at the bottom of the pipe where I’ve inserted a rubber band for attaching to the eye hook in the body to keep the head erect.

I really like this new headstick design. Want to try one out? They're available now at Braylu Creations, and they're very reasonably priced, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment