Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wanted: Good home for old fart (no, not me)

I've had a bumpy ride the last two Ebay auctions. Sparky was returned because he frightened little kids. Now Mr. Winkle is looking for a new home because the winning bidder was unable to pay.

Fortunately, Sparky ("Chispazo" in Espanol) has found a new home in Spain. Guess he'd better learn more than his name in Spanish. Mr. Winkle is still in limbo as he makes his way through the Second Chance Offer process. If he doesn't get snapped up by any of the reasonable back-up bids, I'll relist him. (The longer he sits in my workshop, the crankier he gets.)

Meanwhile I'm close to finishing two more fellas. We're still a couple of weeks away from our debut, but I'm pleased with their progress so far.

2 comments:

  1. Sparky was a great figure, very unique. if someone wants to work close-up with very young children they should stick to soft figures, animals work best. Most hard figures will scare a young child close up. It's not Sparky's fault.
    Love the chin. Keep up the good work Kenny they keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of ebay, I've given up on using it after problems with the guy who won my vent hands auction a couple of months ago. I never really did a lot of buying or selling there, but after dealing with that guy, it just isnt worth the hassle.

    ReplyDelete