Saturday, May 02, 2009

Morty's nose

I've actually used a plastic nose from a pair of Groucho-style nose-and-glasses on a previous figure. Uncle Morty sports the "attachment". In his case, I didn't trim off the bridge as I did on the most recent experiment. I glued the nose with a clear epoxy the first time, then put Magic-Sculpt around it. I think it worked pretty well.

This time I hot-glued the lower portion of the nose and have a section of foam on the bridge, which will be covered with a thin-as-possible layer of Magic-Sculpt. But I just wanted to show that using "false noses" can work well.

By the way, Uncle Morty was the first figure in which I used Dracula teeth with the fangs trimmed off for his upper teeth. That also worked really well.

1 comment:

  1. Nice figure Ken, I think that nose really looks good. Cool how you made it. I just finished a new Mike Brose Fred Head Figure. Check out my Blog at:http://montanadan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete