Friday, November 14, 2008

More hands

To answer the question from my last blog entry:
The 2T hands from Braylu Creations (pictured below) are not made from the flexible material. Rather, these are made from a hard urethane plastic. They are hollow and very lightweight. I use M. Graham-brand artist-quality acrylic paints. M.Graham paints are not typically available at craft stores, but are usually found at art supply stores. I have found that three coats covers quite well. I don't use a primer coat because of the noxious fumes. However, if one were to use a primer coat first, two coats of acrylic paint would likely do the job.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:11 AM

    Thanks so much for answering my question.

    I talked to Mr. James about this problem a few months ago and told him I was going to experiment. He told me to write back if I had success.

    I didn't.

    I guess I didn't realize that there were two different types of plastic used.

    Again, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:34 AM

    Do you have to sand the hands first to get the paint to stick well? And if you scratch hard with your finger nail will the paint scratch off?

    ReplyDelete