Thursday, November 27, 2008

Post on the post

The Craig Lovik figure I'm refurbishing came with the original control post (aka headstick). It's a PVC pipe. Since the only mechanical animation on the figure was the moving mouth, there was just one hole in the pipe and one hole in the neck area to accommodate the cord. Because I want to add side-to-side eyes and raising eyebrows, I've decided to remove the post. I couldn't figure out a way to attach a brass rod and tube system to the PVC pipe for the eye movement without removing it. But now that it's unattached, I figure I'll just replace it with a wood dowel because I know how to set up a wood headstick for the animations. Another reason to replace it? The length of the PVC pipe inside the head was restrictive. Now I can make the post a more convenient length.

Oh, by the way. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment