Friday, November 28, 2008

Stick to what you know

I removed the original headstick (a PVC pipe) from the Lovik figure so I could replace it with a wood dowel. I intended to rout a channel in the dowel for a brass-tube-and-rod eye control mechanism. But I realized that attaching a wood dowel securely, making room for cords to pass through the point of attachment, and other issues would be difficult. Then I figured out that if I cut the bottom of the neck in the right place, I could use a Braylu headstick. I have one already tricked out with enough holes, triggers and an eye control mechanism. And as you can see, it will probably work out just fine. I'll do some paint touch-up on the neck and I'll use Magic-Sculpt to contour the neck-headstick contact point.

Another advantage is that the interior of the head will now be completely empty so I can insert my interior mechanics without restriction.

No comments:

Post a Comment