Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A new beginning

Though I may make the occasional conversion figure by request, my intent is to stop. I'm slowly and methodically working on sculptures that I can use to make molds. I plan to work on three or four character models. I plan to specialize in 34-35" figures, though I may eventually work on a couple of 40" figures, too.

While the vitriol from the Ventriloquist Central forum took some air out of my balloon (even though I didn't think it would), the other reason for going to molds and castings is weight. While some folks (perhaps they could be called "purists") objected to my figure-building approach, there was one critique they never mentioned that would have been completely legitimate and justified. Conversion heads with new faces using Magic-Sculpt or like products tend to be heavy. They are still relatively easy to manipulate atop the bodies, but mine are still heavier than heads of similar size made from urethane or some other plastic casting material.

It will probably be quite a while before another new Kenny Croes figure hits the Ebay marketplace, but I'll still be working on figures and blogging as I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment