Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hellllooooooo... anybody there?

No news is sometimes good news. And sometimes no news is no news. This post is somewhere in between, I suppose.

I've been reading and viewing videos about moldmaking. The Polytek site has an online video that demonstrates three techniques for moldmaking with their products. Click HERE if you'd like to see it, too.

I've read Mike Brose's book "Figure Making Can Be Fun", but as good as it is, there's nothing quite like seeing the process demonstrated right before your eyes. Viewing the video helped to demystify the process somewhat.

I've decided to order a small Starter Kit from Polytek and build a mold of a small object. If successful, I'll move up to vent parts. The thing is, you want to make sure you know what you're doing, because silicone rubber mold materials are very expensive.

This may be too ambitious a technique to perform in an upstairs bedroom, but I'm edging ever closer to giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment