Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sorry to bug you...

For the first time I'm going to mount the eyes on a stable platform and sculpt around the eyes.
On previous figures, I've mounted the eyes late in the game after sculpting the new face and had to cajole, adjust, manhandle and persuade the eyes to finally operate smoothly. This time, I'm starting with fluid eyes mounted properly. I'll wrap the eyeballs in saran wrap to protect them. If I wreck them, I'll consider this pair my "working" pair and replace them at the right time.
I'm sure I'll run into some new wrinkles, but that's part of what makes this fun.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:37 AM

    Hi Kenny,

    You might want to consider using wood balls of the same diameter wrapped in Saran Wrap to completely eliminate anything from happening to the good eyes. They are available from "Michael's" and similar craft stores.

    Best,
    Glen Rappold

    ReplyDelete