Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Panic

Just as I was thinking my Belgium buyer liked "Professor Jeebers" so much that he decided to bid on "Dudley" too, he emails me that he hasn't received the Professor yet. It's my fist "Worldwide" delivery attempt, so I immediately launched into a PANIC!

First, I couldn't locate the receipts and paperwork from the post office. I sent it Global Express Mail. After ripping apart the workshop, rifling the desk, emptying the contents of the trash cans and checking the underwear drawer (don't ask), I was about to collapse in a fit of regret.

But wait a minute... what about my briefcase? Yeah... that's it. I'm always stuffing crap in there!

I dash downstairs (scaring the hell out of the dogs) and leap toward the briefcase. And yes, there in the sidepocket are the two precious scraps of paper... the Express Mail receipt (with tracking number... YES!) and my copy of USPS Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note (a.k.a. Form 2976). I hold them to my breast mumbling to myself as I head back upstairs.

My gives me a look that says, "Having one of those idiot moments, Kenny?"

The dogs look at each and say, "Uh-oh... we gotta move again."

I tracked the package online and found out that it was delivered to Belgium on February 23rd. What's happened to it since is anybody's guess. But I've emailed the buyer and I'm hoping the Professor is at his local post office or that mail within Belgium is just a lot slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment