Saturday, March 10, 2007

Relax, Darling

My wife has this framed caligraphy project she did several years ago on her home office wall with the words "Relax, Darling".

I am calmer now that I have counseled with the local postal clerk about how worldwide shipping is conducted. FYI, Global Express Mail only guarantees that your package will be delivered (within 3-5 days) to the country's doorstep. After that, the foreign nation's customs process and mail delivery system takes over. That could mean your shipped item may actually take weeks to arrive at its final destination.

Not only was I concerned that the package might not get there, but I marked the option "Return to Sender" if the package was undeliverable. I was worried that I might have to pay return postage due, which could mean a $60 bill. However, when one sends a package Global Express (or Priority) Mail, BOTH send and return fees are covered.

Phew!

By the way, ventriloquism is about to suffer another "Chucky"-style assault with the new movie "Dead Silence". It seems the premise is a scary ventriloquist dies and is buried with her vent figure collection. And then they all come to life to scare the be-jeezus out of everybody.

I think I'll wait for the rental since I tend to scream out loud at horror films.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:31 PM

    I've seen the previews of "Dead Silence", and it looks really bad. It will probably be in theaters a few days, then quickly to DVD. But have you all noticed how ventriloquism's popularity seems to be in an upswing right now? I give Dave Letterman credit for that. I hope he does Vent Week #3 soon!

    ReplyDelete