Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Size doesn't matter

Clinton Detweiler solicited opinions as to what constitutes a "professional" vent figure. This was in response to an inquiry from someone who was looking to buy one, possibly on Ebay. Clinton posted a reply from Dale Brown, which I thought was far more insightful than my reply. I suggest clicking the Newsy Vents link on the left to read it. However, I thought I'd post my response here.

"I think a Professional Vent Figure typically will have a moving mouth, ball and socket head in a hollow body and often moving eyes. This can include dummies made from kits and professional figures made from toy figures. While 40-inch figures are more typical of "professional" figures, size is actually irrevelvant since dummies of various sizes can and do have professional attributes and may even have additional animations. In essence, a professional figure is one designed for character development and live performance."

No comments:

Post a Comment