Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Eye yi yi

There's a famous phrase when building anything. "Think Ahead". Well, coincidentally, it's a "head" that I didn't think about. You see, I ordered my standard eyes from Mike Brose of Puppets & Props. (He makes gorgeous eyes). The face I've sculpted onto Charlie 6 has the eyes too close together. In other words, there isn't enough room inside the head for the eyes to sit side by side. I'd prefer not to re-sculpt the eye sockets because I really like the look of this little guy.

I have written Mike Brose an email suggesting that I shave off some eyeball so that the eyes CAN sit side by side. I've asked for his advice on this, including the wisdom of using a Dremel for the "shaving".

He's probably horrified at the prospect that I would take a power tool to his beautiful creations. We'll see what he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment