Sunday, October 29, 2006

Then there were 2


Charlies 4 and 5 are moving forward. I especially like the way Charlie 5 (on the left) is developing. His face makes me laugh. I seem to be moving faster with these two.

One thing I'm thinking about (which is sure to get me into trouble) is figuring out cordless mechanics. There are a couple of approaches in The Fred Project for eye movement. I think there's a method outlined for the mouth in Mike Brose's book "Figure Making Can Be Fun". I haven't come across a cordless eyebrow method, so I'll have to think about that a little more. The thing is, I don't want to get into soldering, so cords may, in the end, be the path I take. However, I am going to at least move to brass levers rather than the wood dowels I have been using.

No Ebay bids on "Poindexter" yet (previously known as Charlie3). I put a $199 starting bid on him. I have 11 Watchers so far. We'll see what price the little feller fetches.

No comments:

Post a Comment