Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Okay... how 'bout this?


After my failed attempt to build raising eyebrows, I have another idea.

In my first try, I ApoxieSculped a 1/4"-long plastic tube into the forehead. But when I inserted the brass rod and tried to bend it around the forehead to form the eyebrow, the small plastic tube broke away.

This time I cut a 1-3/4inch brass tube and ApoxieSculped the crap out of it through the front hole and into the head. I hope when I insert the rod into the tube next time, I can bend the brass rod against the forehead without breaking the brass tube away from the inside of the head. With all of the ApoxieSculp I used, it should hold.

I also have a strategy to keep the mechanics and strings from interfering with the eye and jaw mechanics. We'll see!

I've also started Charlie4 and 5. Charlie4 will have a new twist. I have cut out the top of the jaw piece so that bigger upper front teeth won't prevent the mouth from closing. I've also had to file away about 1/8-inch away from the opening in the neck where the bottom of the jaw clears. In this way, the mouth will open wider. But I'll have to add about 1/8-inch to the bottom of the jaw so it will seal the neck opening when the jaw is closed.

Following ANY of this?

I think this vent-building is becoming obsessive. I now haunt fabric stores and prowl toddler clothing sections at Goodwill. I'm sure the clerks wonder about me. Heck... I wonder about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment