Saturday, October 14, 2006

The eyes have it... the eyebrows... almost

I have made self-centering eyes. My method worked! Near the very back of the head, I attached a brass crossbar with a loop in the middle to attach a centering spring, which is attached to the center of the synchro-bar on the other end. Works!

The eyebrows, however, still have a ways to go. The mechanism is sound, but the string organization isn't quite figured out. Instead of using pulleys above the brow/spring connections, I just installed a brass bar. The smooth surface of the brass bar seems fluid enough for the strings to pass smoothly as they lift the brows. But I still must figure out the best way to connect the two brow strings to a single string, and then avoid all of the other mechanisms as it passes down the neck. I think I can do it, but I need a little more head-scratching. (My head... not the dummy's).

No comments:

Post a Comment