Saturday, October 21, 2006

I'm better now...

So sorry for the hissy fit, but I screwed things up pretty good on Charlie3. After quiet contemplation, I finally figured out my mistake was not fatal. Here's what happened.

I had all of the mechanics with string connections done. I attempted to put the head on the body when I discovered two things. First of all, the controls on the post made it almost impossible to get the post through the hole in the shoulders. I finally got them through, but what a hassle! After I managed to get the head on the shoulders, I discovered that the mouth and eyebrow cords were getting caught up in the hole when I moved the head around. I had drilled the holes too far from the post. The reason that was a big bummer was that it would be impossible to re-tie the cord to the jaw piece because access was impossible. Oh, I was pissed off!

As I said, I finally figured out what to do. I took a saw and cut the post/lower neck away from the rest of the neck. I had to cut all the cords from all of the mechanics, drill new holes (in the proper place), fill the old holes, and do some paint touch-up. I will have to re-tie the cords (now easily accessible), and re-mount the head on the post. More apoxie and paint... and I'm back to where I was before I screwed everything up.

I'll also put the eyebrow lever on the same side of the post as the eye/jaw levers so that insertion through the shoulder hole will be easy.

Meanwhile, here's a first look at Charlie4. The most enjoyable part of building vent figures is creating a unique new face. By the way, I have switched from ApoxieSculp to MagicSculp. The latter is easier to smooth and sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment