Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Cleaning out the closet


Back when I was just learning to build figures, I made a lot of conversion figures, primarily from Charlie McCarthy dolls. I got a tip that J.C. Penney, and later Overstock.com, were blowing out some new Charlie McCarthy and Mortimer Snerd vent dolls for $25 each shipped, so I bought a bunch of Charlies and two Mortimers. Over the years I built lots of conversion figures from those shipments. But I found three left over and decided to clear them out. So I'm building three more conversion figures with pro mechanics. I'm enjoying the process. 

I've never built a conversion figure from a Mortimer Snerd doll. The molded hair drips down across the forehead, so I used Magic-Sculpt to form a new wrinkled forehead. With my improved wrinkle-painting technique, I think he'll look rather distinctive. 

I'm also finishing up a full-size Jackie figure (the big guy on the left).

Again my apologies for not posting more often. I did say that I was pulling back a little, but even so, I'll try to post a bit more often from now on.


1 comment:

  1. P. Grecian8:47 AM

    Good to see you back, Kenny!

    ReplyDelete