Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Lighten up

I'm always trying out new things. This time I've attempted to reduce the amount of Magic-Sculpt I use to mount the eyebrow tubes inside the head. I had some small square very-lightweight balsa wood blocks on hand. I drilled a hole down the middle and secured the tube inside the wood with glue. I attached the wood block and tube to the head's interior using as little Magic-Sculpt as possible. The big question was whether or not it would be a solid enough attachment to accept some torque. The Magic-Sculpt dried overnight and the attachment seems pretty solid this morning. 

Moral of the story:  The little balsa wood block is lighter than the amount of Magic-Sculpt I would have needed to surround and secure the eyebrow tube to the inside of the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment