Thursday, August 08, 2013

Everything it's cracked up to be





I have always admired Lovik figures. This one's from the mid-90's. They are made from vacuum-form pieces very cleverly designed and assembled. This fella, however, has taken a few lumps and bumps over the years and has been sent to me for repair.

He has a few cracks that need to be sealed. I'm thinking I'll use Magic-Sculpt from both the inside and outside. One of his jaw axle ends is protruding from under his right ear, so it needs to be covered. I'd prefer not to re-paint him completely because of the facial hair. It will depend on how noticeable the paint mismatch will be. It probably won't matter so much on the neck areas, but the reddish cheeks may need to be repainted.

1 comment:

  1. P. Grecian9:51 AM

    I've got a Lovik from the 70's that's made of hardened latex that I've made considerable changes to...but I've never seen a vacuum formed one up close. Makes perfect sense to do mass-market semi-pro (or even pro) figures this way, because, if the designer is clever enough, s/he can mix and match and create any number of different faces. You've taught me something today, Kenny, just by showing this figure close up. Anxious to see how the repairs go!

    ReplyDelete