Saturday, July 13, 2013

All's well that ends well
















The photo on the right shows my PVC pipe end caps. I install them now because a customer complained that the sharp edge of the raw PVC pipe bothered his hand. The eyehook in the end cap is for the elastic band that attaches to the base of the body's interior to secure the head.

The photo at left shows the work that awaits me upon my return from the ConVENTion. Today I prepared and attached the PVC headsticks to the heads. Before the headsticks are secured with Magic-Sculpt, I drill and smooth the holes for the cords and install an eyehook to the top of the PVC pipe for the jaw spring. I also attach the jaw spring itself because it's darn hard to do it after the headstick is molded to the head. I know because I've forgotten several times and had to reach way down in the neck area and attach it using long-nosed hemostats. (Much cussin'.)

The guy in the middle sans headstrick is my full-size Otis sculpture I'm still working on.

1 comment:

  1. Great size comparison photo, Kenny. I've always wondered what the actual size difference was between a 2T and 3T figure. Now I know.
    I can imagine what it must be like working inside the 2T figures. I've had to do repair work on my figure which wasn't easy at times, and I have small hands and he's a full-sized figure. Challenging to say the least.
    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete