Thursday, July 25, 2013

Coupon comedian


One of Taylor Mason's funnies is when he describes himself as the "comedian you can afford" or the "coupon comedian". In truth, I'd put Taylor Mason in the top echelon of working vents. He's funny, clever and very creative. His show at the ConVENTion was a big hit this year and last. He gave a lecture last year where he said he writes three jokes a day every day. He said they don't have to be good jokes, but he never ends his day without writing those three jokes.

Taylor's act also confirms that you don't need an expensive figure to pull off a great show. In fact, one of his funniest bits is with a puppet that has no mouth, speaks no words, and isn't really much more than a glove. (Because I make figures for a living, I hope that doesn't catch on). He also has impressive keyboard skills as he demonstrates with his wicked blues and rock chops.

Taylor Mason is a ventriloquist and comedian I really admire.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah..me too,Kenny! He was great both years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved his show! Hope to see him again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:43 PM

    Taylor is probably my most favorite vent. I'm amazed he is not much more popular nationally. I've not been to convention yet, but he would be a major reason to make the trek. (And chatting in person with Kenny would be a major reason too!)
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:35 AM

    Taylor is also a writer of the Complete Idiot's Guide on Ventriloquism and I agree with all the others.
    Ron Arnold

    ReplyDelete