Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Choo choo



Before I drifted back into ventriloquism, I picked up the model railroad bug for a couple of years.  While visiting a toy store in Southern California, I spotted an "N" gauge train tableau.  I'd never seen such a small electric train size before and I was captivated.  Next thing y'know, I'm buying plywood, train engines, track, cars, miniature people and I'm fabricating my own buildings.  I built a double-tunnel, a lake and an entire town (which I named Sierra City).

Like many electric train enthusiasts, once the tableau was completed, I stopped playing with it.  So I sold the whole thing to a broker who pieced it out to other model railroad nuts.

1 comment:

  1. P. Grecian7:28 AM

    I had that same obsession years ago about a dollhouse. I'd bought a kit to build one as a Christmas gift for my oldest daughter. Before I knew it I was making multiple trips to the hobby store for miniature furniture and miniature furniture kits, wallpaper with tiny patterns, carpeting and tiny props. Had Christmas not come when it did, I likely would have had a village of dollhouses in my family room!

    ReplyDelete