Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Our debt to Detweiler

Few have done more for the proliferation of ventriloquism around the world as Clinton Detweiler. His blog, Mr. D's Daily, is a staple for ventriloquist blog readers. Clinton's "Maher 30 Lesson Course" has educated untold numbers of ventriloquists through the years. He's probably made and sold more figures than anyone in history. I have learned so many things about making figures by reading his blog posts. So I was honored when he asked if I'd like one of his famous "Smiley Face" Pocket Puppets and the accompanying "Five Dummy Dollars" coin.

I received it in the mail today, Clinton. Thanks for everything you do for the art of ventriloquism and its artists. I'm smiling as big as the Pocket Puppet!

2 comments:

  1. Philip Grecian8:24 AM

    A few years back I was looking for advice on re-jiggering an old Lovik "living mouth" figure. Another vent told me to ask Clinton on his website. I said, "I thought he retired!"
    "He did. But not so you'd notice."

    I go to his blog every day. A good man. A valuable and generous resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kenny;

    I have both the "Smiley Face" and the coin as well, and treasure them both. I also have a vent figure that Clinton made for me, and it is beautiful. Clinton is a real gentleman and is always willing to try and help when you have a question or a problem. We need a few more just like him. I have never met Clinton in person , but I consider him a good friend.

    ReplyDelete