Saturday, September 11, 2010

I ain't got no-body

Well... actually he does.  And a nice one at that.  He's even wearing a brand new suit.  But I digress. 

Thought you might like to take a look at how I set up my controls.  I use a hollow PVC pipe design from Braylu Creations so I can run the mechanics down the center.  The nifty triggers for the jaw and eyebrows work smoothly and are easy on the fingers.  The jigger controls the left/right eye movement.

I run a brass tube and rod up the PVC pipe secured to the pipe interior with Magic-Sculpt.  Then I shove a length of ethofoam tubing, folded in threes, inside the PVC pipe from the bottom.  The expanding ethofoam also secures the lower portion of the brass tube and rod where the rod and jigger exit the opening in the PVC pipe. 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:42 PM

    I always wondered how rods were run in pvc pipe. I appreciate your willingness to share your tips and tricks (freely!)in such a competative world.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not really in the movement to become a ventriloquist but its really cool what you got going on.
    you have a real talent!

    ReplyDelete