Sunday, June 06, 2010

I came, I saw, I... OUCH!

I made my first attempt at making brackets to mount the blinkers, and all I have to show is a Band-Aid on my thumb. I was sawing the flat brass with a jig saw when the saw suddenly made it all the way through, which thrust my thumb forward onto the jagged edge of the brass in my vise.

(Kids, cover your ears). F&%K!

Once again I've shed blood for the cause.

My first mistake? Using flat brass that's too thick. So I went to the hardware store today and purchased some very thin flat brass. Thick enough to make a good bracket, thin enough to bend and saw more easily (and precisely, I hope). Notice I said my first mistake. I anticipate a few more if this is any indication.

2 comments:

  1. Kenny, you should never say FORK in front of the kids. MontanaDan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kenny. Use a razor saw. You can get them at Micro-Mark. That coupled with the little miter box they have for these is a great 'low tech', safe way to cut small brass stock. I started that way years back. You can then move up to a MINI MITER / CUT OFF SAW, which are great and the easiest to use, but will cost quite a bit more.

    Mike Brose

    ReplyDelete