Friday, May 28, 2010

Wiggin' out

I usually use curly furry fleece for wigs. I made a pattern (which I posted a while back), I cut out the material and hand sew the darts. But a client recently requested a standard hair wig. I've steered away from them for a couple reasons. First of all, I have to drastically cut them down. After that, I have to give them a haircut. I'm not a barber or cosmetologist, so I fear I'll give my little fella a bad hair day for the rest of his life. And there isn't enough margin to afford taking the figure to a hair stylist.

The second reason I opt for furry fleece is I don't always have the wig color and style requested on hand.

But I acquiesced to my client's request and used a long hair brown wig I had in the back room. All in all, I think he turned out okay, though I left enough length after my hacking away for my customer to take him to a stylist for some touch-up work.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:18 AM

    nice! I wonder what he would have looked like with fur eyebrows too.

    ReplyDelete