Sunday, December 13, 2009

More Elmore

This week I received my first "Elmore" castings from Braylu Creations. I sculpted the model, then Buzz James (Braylu entrepreneur) made the mold and castings. I think the "Elmore" castings will be available for purchase soon on the Braylu Creations website. Meanwhile, I'm about to build my first figures from the "Elmore" castings. When completed, I'll forward the pics to Buzz so he can display them next to the raw cast so folks can see what a completed "Elmore" could look like.

2 comments:

  1. Curtis Jones4:36 AM

    This is the cast I have been waiting for.... Buzz said it will be after the first of the year before he is on the website.

    Does this casting come with the mouth separate as shown in the picture ?

    Curtis Jones- I love those big ears

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my understanding that Buzz would like to make a new mold for Elmore. He feels the first mold was not quite adequate (though I must say that these first three castings are working out fine). The jaw is a separate piece. Even though I worked very hard to get the jaw to fit and move nicely in the model, I'm finding that slight fluxuations in castings require some filing and sanding for a smooth fit. Not a big deal, but be aware that some prep is required. One of the first things I do after opening the head is install the axle in the jaw and work on the fit before I start painting. I use Klean Klay to temporarily secure the jaw and axle in the head. After I'm satisfied with the fit and movement, I remove the jaw, axle and Klean Klay and move forward.

    ReplyDelete