Saturday, October 10, 2009

Tell all

I'm managing several projects at once. The victories create elation. The failures make me crazy. And because I'm working multiple projects, the reactions are exponentially more intense. Weird.

But here's a progress report.

My project for the 10-year-old entrepreneur is going along quite well. I'm using a Braylu casting for the head. I've cut out the jaw and added sidewalls and a platform for the lower teeth and tongue. Now I'm working on the eye sockets and I've installed the brass eyebrow tubes. I've added the first layer of Magic-Sculpt to the under-portion of the jaw so that it will open and close without showing too much space.

My Elmore sculpture is almost finished. After some sanding, he'll be shipped to Buzz James at Braylu Creations for mold-making. Buzz will be selling Elmore castings as the second in the so-called "Kenny Croes Collection".

My Santa is also nearing completion, though he's presented a few challenges. I think he'll turn out fine, but not without some consternation.

In between, I'm sanding and painting hands so the body assembly can be completed.

Oh... and in between that, I go to work every day.

2 comments:

  1. What do you do in your free time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:08 PM

    Kenny, I hope you will present these figures on your blog - I am waiting very excited.
    All the best Burkhard

    ReplyDelete