Monday, March 09, 2009

On the face of it

A dear old college friend emailed me. He wrote that he made me one of his Facebook friends. I clicked on the link only to find out that I had to join Facebook in order to be his Facebook friend. I guess a 40-year real friendship doesn't qualify one to bypass the membership. So what the heck. I joined. I was stingy with the personal information, though I left enough of a trail for folks to find this blog.

I think Facebook must be an extension of the game kids play. Lots of kids had invisible imaginary friends. We ventriloquists took the game just a little bit farther. When Facebook folk find their way here, they'll get a gander at the photos of my imaginary friends. When I say I make friends, I really make friends!

Now I have a Facebook profile. (I'll be darned if I know what to do with it.)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:37 AM

    That is a big reason I decided to put my vent act on My Space, instead of Facebook last fall. You have to join Facebook just to look at someone's Facebook page. At My Space, anyone can look at your page (it does not matter if they belong to My Space or not). And I use the My Space page to attract new clients to hire us to perform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:55 PM

    Well...I found Kenny after all these years through that friend!!! Glad to see you up there..even if just to see your face again!! Any tunes???..Dib

    ReplyDelete