Saturday, March 14, 2009

GW

I wonder if the nice folks at the local Goodwill Store think I'm some kind of lurking pervert (a la Aqualung). You see, I browse the store searching for adult wigs and 2T children's clothing. I always feel obliged to mention that I make ventriloquist dummies as I'm checking out. They always respond with a smile and a sigh of relief.

The best deals for dummy clothes are at the local thrift stores. I get really happy when I find two or three nice pairs of size 3 or 4 shoes. I love scoring 2T overalls. And I especially like finding 2T white dress shirts and vests. I also buy clothes on Ebay, but they tend to be more expensive. Since I'm a senior citizen, I always get deep discounts at Goodwill, so that's my favorite source for dummy clothing.

My wife likes to tell our friends how excited I get when I find particularly cute clothes. I'm sure they all think I'm a little weird, but ventriloquists have been putting up with that for eons. I don't think I'm weird.

I'm... unique.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think your weird either Kenny. You are normal just like me.
    But, then again I make puppets and vent figures, I'm a ventriloquist, so I guess I'm a little weird too.
    Birds of feather, better stick together!

    ReplyDelete