Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm a trekkie

I'm always looking for new ways to alter Charlie heads to create new characters. I've been paying attention to Star Trek. Why? Because the make-up artists use "appliances" to configure aliens. I've noticed that sometimes it only takes the application of a bit of plastic on a portion of the face to make all the difference.

The old grouchy guy I'm making is an example. I'm keeping the cheeks and nostrils. But I've added the bridge and center part of the nose. The lower part of the face was done by trimming the edges off the corner of the jaw. Then I temporally mounted the jaw piece in the head. I added Magic-Sculpt to the lower part of the face to contour to the trimmed jaw. Now he looks like he's always frowning. I also made jowls.

By the way, the holes in the forehead and neck are to anchor the Magic-Sculpt. All of the Magic-Sculpt areas you see have holes drilled underneath to secure the applications. I'll use Magic-Sculpt to form a "turkey neck" and I'll add some wrinkles in the forehead. Then he'll be ready to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment