Wednesday, July 02, 2008

It's a dirty job

One of the messiest jobs is cutting up the Charlie heads in preparation for their transformations. I have to slice off the back of the head (ouch!), pry out the jaw piece (say ahhhhh), carve out the excess plastic mounting around the jaw (please be gentle), trim the back of the jaw pieces (yowweee) and poke out their eyes (hellloooooo).

The process causes debris to fly about and dust to fill the air. I wear a gas mask during the massacre.

I also sand and drill small holes in the heads' interiors so Magic-Sculpt will adhere securely. Then I drill holes in the forehead (that's gotta hurt) for the eyebrow tubes.

I recently went on an Ebay buying spree and collected ten of the old Charlies. So you can expect some new lively characters to emerge from these old worn out dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment