Thursday, May 24, 2007

On vacation

While it's nice to set my real job aside for a week, I do miss my vent-building. In between lattes, reading my Andrew Jackson biography and eating far too much, I daydream about vent figures.

Joyce and I have been visiting her father and brother in Marina, California (near Monterey). Yesterday I peeled away to spend a few days with my buddy Mike in Los Altos. We were roommates in college and have remained the best of friends all these years. Everyone in his household is off to work or school, so I'm left alone to putter around their house. Today it's just me and "Speedbump", their 13-year-old dog lounging around until the family returns home. I have been left with enormous relaxation resources including several DVD's, the internet, the San Francisco Chronicle's "Sporting Green", and a fridge full of food. I think I'll manage. However, I do need to shower and shave at some point before everyone returns home.

I think it will be a contest as to who yawns more often... me or Speedbump.

No comments:

Post a Comment