Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I like cartoons

Some vent builders design and build figures that attempt to resemble real humans. Some even cover the slits on the sides of the jaw. As for me, I like figures that are more like charicatures. I enjoy figures that flaunt their puppet-selves. Nothing too garish, but I like faces that are slightly odd and imperfect with a hint of comic personality. I'm also attracted to figures that seem to be in a constant state of subtle surprise. Faces that are slightly different and uneven on one side versus the other are more interesting and expressive. I prefer three-dimensional cartoon characters.

1 comment:

  1. Kenny,

    I agree with your post. I call my figures, "Cartoons on a Stick." Send me an E Mail sometime at lhvent@gmail.com. Would love to see some more pictures.

    Cheers, Comicvent

    ReplyDelete