Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Day 3


Today I just couldn't get started. Joyce and I awoke at 3:30am. We couldn't get back to sleep, so she read Paris history aloud. I fell deeply back to sleep, but she never did. She woke me up at 8:30am. She'd already gone to the French bakery for pastry and a baguette for breakfast. By the way, the Parisians have this pastry thing down pat. We ate together, drank cafe au lait, but I just couldn't wake up all the way. So she decided to go to the Medieval Museum while I slept some more. She got back at 12:30pm, and I finally got up. We toured the French War Museum and Napoleon's Tomb. VERY impressive.

We're very adept and traveling on the Metro. But touring Paris still requires beaucoup walking and my feet are aware.

Now we're back at the apartment and she's asleep. And I'll probably be up 'til midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment