Monday, September 04, 2006

Alien?

The first coat of paint always reveals the flaws. Bumps, holes and odd sculpting choices become more apparent. In this case, my laugh lines look like "facial features from Alien"(to quote my wife). Okay, I admit that I have occasional difficulty translating two dimensional images to three dimensional sculptures. My sculpted laugh lines around the eyes do look wierd, but can be repaired with a little grinding, sanding and "re-interpretation".

Meanwhile packing for Paris continues. New guidelines for carry-on baggage size have derailed the plans a bit. If one flies out of London, carry-on baggage can't be larger than 17.5"x13.5"x6.5". Our last leg to Paris is a short flight from London, so that means very small carry-on. My wife (who packs more to spend an hour at a friend's house than most people pack to spend a week) will be severely tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment