Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Twofer


Today's episode is about two projects now going simultaneously. The anxiety-ridden porker I'm sculpting now has a right ear and a full forehead. I need to make another trip to the craft store to pick up another half-sphere of foam. The jaw piece I removed was made from a half-sphere but it got raunched-up. I'll make a new one with more precise measurements.

The right ear is not as good as the left, but I'm still very happy with it.

The new project is a full-size figure (40-42" tall) made from a casting of a sculpture I did 5 years ago before my hiatus. I prepared the head by poking out the eye sockets, sawing off the back of the head, clearing the jaw cavity, and drilling the holes for the eyebrow tubes. I also drilled holes in the transition of the headstick to accommodate the strings and or brass tubes. After that, I mounted the head atop the headstick. Initially, I used hot glue to secure the head. I reinforced the adhesion with Magic-Sculpt. Next, I'll rough up the head's interior so the Magic-Sculpt I use to mount the mechanics will adhere.

Lots more to do and talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment