Tuesday, March 25, 2014

This is how it starts

otis the moonshinerWell, not exactly. First there was a clay sculpture, then a mold, then the casting you see in the photo. I've been commissioned by a ventriloquist who owns several of my figures to build a 42" Otis the Moonshiner. He already owns a 34" version of the hillbilly. 

Working for this vent is especially gratifying because he only has one absolute requirement. He insists that I have fun building his figures. 

Of course, not every task in bringing a figure to life is a lighthearted frolic. But overall it gets more and more joyous as the character emerges from lifeless urethane plastic.

My client likes photos of the progress, so I'll share them with you, too.

2 comments:

  1. P. Grecian10:53 AM

    This is gonna be fun to watch! Thanks, Kenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:45 PM

    Welcome back, we missed you......

    ReplyDelete