Sunday, November 03, 2013

Keeping tabs

Sometimes I use eye hooks as cord guides in my dummy eye mechanics. And sometimes the space inside the head is too small to get a drill in there to bore a hole for the eye hook. And sometimes the spot where I need the cord guide won't be covered by the wig if I drill the hole from the outside.

To avoid patching, I use "tabs" from Braylu Creations. I drill the hole in the tab, put a drop of Zap glue on the eye hook stem and screw it into the tab.  Then I mark the spot inside the head where I want the eye hook. I squirt some hot glue on that spot and press the tab into the hot glue. After the initial squirt of hot glue dries, I squirt more hot glue to surround the tab for good measure. The result is a very secure cord guide.

Braylu is very good at coming up with clever solutions like this when I whine about problems I'm having. If you browse the Braylu website, you won't find these tabs for sale, but if you ask, they'll toss some in for free with your order.

No comments:

Post a Comment