Sunday, November 24, 2013

Back to the future






















These two scary photos represent projects I set aside quite awhile ago. Others became more urgent, so the feet and new 2T Cheeky Boy sculpts ended up in a box in the workshop. Now I've re-started them.

I already showed you my first "rough" of the left foot. Now here's a peek at the first "rough" of the right foot. I prefer to sculpt the general shape of the foot. After the PaperClay dries overnight, I'll compare the work to photos of a real foot, then add or subtract shape and detail. It's a multi-stage process that requires patience.

The head started from a 2T Braylu blank. The only part I like so far is the nose. I was unhappy with my original eye socket work, so I Dremel-grinded the sockets overly wide to re-start that work. I also over widened the mouth to accommodate a jaw frame that now freely swings open and closed.

I have a long way to go with both projects, but it'll be worth the time and effort in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment