Sunday, September 01, 2013

This will be quite a feet

I discovered very quickly that I need to sculpt one toe at a time, let the PaperClay dry, then move on to the next. So far I've got two very rough big toes and two big toe mounds (the bumps on the side). I also discovered that I should put the toe nails on after all the toes are sculpted.

I'm using some cast feet Buzz James of Braylu Creations sent me as an armature for the new feet. I think these cast feet may have originated with Clinton Detweiler. I'm sculpting larger feet for use with 2T figures. These will eventually look best (assuming I'm able to sculpt well enough) with my 2T Otis the Moonshiner figure.

If I'm successful making these look good, I'll sculpt some larger feet for the full-size figures, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment